A fascinating three-way race is underway for a formerly Democratic stronghold that features a Democrat, a Republican and an unaffiliated candidate — and it’s not the race for governor. Instead, it’s for a seat in the state Senate representing a big hunk of Washington County.
- OPINION – Democracy has no saved seats – elected officials represent people, not parties.
- Kevin Barton – Interview and thoughts on nonpartisan candidates
- People Over Party – Video
- No Incumbent Race Promps All-Out Scramble to Win New Aloha-Beaverton Seat
- Independent Candidates Test How Fed-Up Voters Are With Both Parties – OPB